June 03, 2021 – Last month’s NFP report will be published this week on Friday, June 04, 2021, at 1:30 PM (UK Time). This report will provide a key insight into the progress of the US Economy. Expectations are high at yet another solid NFP report as the US economy is slowly recovering.
A total of 645,000 jobs are expected to have been created for the month of May, a significant improvement over the 266,000 in April, itself a significant miss on estimates. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate is expected to improve as well, falling to 5.9% from 6.1%.
The monthly ADP employment report is published a day before this month’s NFP figures, delayed by a day due to the Memorial Day holiday in the US. This time around, ADP payrolls are expected to show a growth of 645,000, down from last month’s 742,000.
- Market Week Ahead: Nasdaq 100, Fed, Tech Earnings, Volatility ReturnsGlobal risk appetite sharply deteriorated this past week as the Volatility Index (VIX), which is the market’s preferred ‘fear gauge, closed at its highest since early […]
- Markets to Watch This Week: Nasdaq 100, US Dollar,BoJ and moreThere continued to be hesitancy in global market sentiment. Wall Street started off 2022 on a sour note, though the second week was less painful. Nasdaq 100 futures were little […]
- Market Week Ahead: Inflation Data, Bitcoin, Powell Testimony, and moreEven though market sentiment started off 2022 on a sour note, there were clear winners and losers on Wall Street. Dow Jones futures declined about 0.1% this […]
- Market Week Ahead: Monetary Policy Meeting, Retail Sales, etc.The broad US dollar remained under pressure on Friday and will end this week on a bearish note as investors digest the Bank of England’s (BOE) unexpected interest […]
- Markets Week Ahead: Nasdaq 100, US Dollar, Gold, Euro, British Pound, Fed and moreMarket mood recovered this past week around the world. On Wall Street, the Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 gained 3.82% and 3.65% respectively. Across the Atlantic, the Euro Stoxx 50 and FTSE 100 climbed 2.95% and […]