June 23, 2021 – Nasdaq closes record high as tech shines meanwhile Big Oil CEOs join traders, banks in predicting higher oil prices, Bitcoin futures begins to trade by Goldman Sachs
The Nasdaq closed at a record highs Tuesday with big tech making strong gains as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell in testimony before Congress continued to downplay fears over the sharp pace of inflation.
The S&P 500 rose 0.51%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.20%, or 68 points, and the Nasdaq Composite was up 0.79% at 14,223.27.
Powell largely stuck to his prepared remarks in testimony before a House select subcommittee hearing on the Fed’s pandemic response and the economy, reiterating the rapid pace of inflation will fade and job gains will pick up in the coming months.
“Perhaps all of the overshoot in inflation comes from categories such as rising used car and trucks, airplane tickets, hotel prices that have been affected by the reopening of the economy,” Powell said in response to questioning from lawmakers on whether inflation is transitory. These factors “will ultimately start to decline.”
“While these effects have turned out to be larger than we expected, the incoming data are consistent with the view that these factors will wane over time,” he added.
Big Oil CEOs Join Traders, Banks in Predicting Higher Oil Prices
A: 72.97 – 0.12 – 0.16%
A:74.72 – 0.34 – 0.41%
Prices are likely to keep rising because a lack of investment will curtail future supply
The chief executive officers of Royal Dutch Shell, Plc and TotalEnergies SE joined major commodity traders and banks in predicting that oil could go as high as $100 a barrel.
Goldman Sachs partners with Galaxy Digital, begins trading Bitcoin futures
A: 32,373.0 +979.0 +3.12%
Goldman’s move to start trading Bitcoin futures is in response to client demand
Goldman and other financial behemoths have continued to cast their nets deeper into the crypto waters. Goldman unveiled a new Bitcoin derivatives product.
- Oil Dips on Delta Concerns; Bitcoin OptimismOil dips amidst Delta concerns ahead of the U.S. Inventory data release. Bitcoin may reach new all-time highs. Oil Dips on Delta Concerns Ahead of U.S. Inventory Data Release WTIP:71.91A:71.97 BRENTP:73.71A:73.80 Renewed social restrictions in some countries are also posing a threat to fuel consumption and demand for oil. Bitcoin To Reach New All-Time Highs, […]
- Stock Futures Update: S&P500, Nasdaq and Dow JonesStock futures are lower after major averages snap five-day winning streakU.S. stock index futures fell during overnight trading on Tuesday after the major averages pulled back from record highs, snapping a five-day winning streak. Futures contracts tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average slid 55 points, or 0.16%. S&P 500 futures were down 0.14%, while […]
- Market Recap: WallStreet, US Dollar, Crude Oil, and GoldHere’s a market recap on what’s been happening around the world financial market. US dollar, Dow Jones, S&P500, Crude Oil, and more. On Wall Street, the Dow Jones, S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite fell about 0.6%, 1% and 1.9% respectively. This is as the FTSE 100 and DAX 30 weakened 1.6% and 0.9% respectively. In Japan, the Nikkei 225 managed to hold a 0.2% gain. The […]
- Bitcoin Price Surge; While Oil SlumpsBitcoin Price to surge to $157,000 after pullback ends, says on-chain Analyst Willy Woo. Oil slumps as market ignore U.S. draw to focus on UAE ‘No-Deal’ P: 32,575A: 32,983.0 +408.0 +1.25% This is a bull market. There’s no mistaking this. We’ve got X-ray vision of what the investors are doing, and it’s bullish whilst the […]
- Stocks Rebound, Yields Fall as Fed’s Powell Soothes MarketGlobal stocks prices closed flat and bond yields edged lower on Wednesday after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell soothed investor angst by saying a recent inflation spike will fade, helping lift the S&P 500 to a fresh intraday record. Powell said in congressional testimony that high inflation was for goods and services tied to […]