The first full week of October promises several significant data releases and events over the next few days, including the September US NFP report on Friday.
AUD RESERVE BANK OF AUSTRALIA RATE DECISION
At the start of October, according to Australia overnight index swaps, there is a 28% chance of a 25-bps rate hike through the end of the year – an insignificant change.
The RBA had previously pledged that it would keep rates at their current level or lower for three years starting in March 2020.
NZD RESERVE BANK OF NEW ZEALAND RATE DECISION
Data emerging that New Zealand COVID-19 infections jumped to their highest level since June, markets are quickly downgrading their expectations that the RBNZ will raise rates when it meets in the coming days.
According to overnight index swaps for New Zealand, there is an 81% chance of a 25-bps rate hike when the RBNZ meets on Wednesday.
MXN INFLATION RATE (SEP)
According to a Bloomberg News survey, the September Mexican inflation rate (CPI) is expected to show a jump deceleration to +5.99% from +5.59% (y/y).
CAD EMPLOYMENT CHANGE & UNEMPLOYMENT RATE (SEP)
Following two blistering hot jobs reports in July and August, the Canadian labor market will show further signs of moderation in September. According to a Bloomberg News survey, consensus forecasts are looking for a still-solid reading of +65K
USD NONFARM PAYROLLS & UNEMPLOYMENT RATE (SEP)
The main issue for the US Dollar when it comes to the September US Nonfarm Payrolls report is whether or not the US labor market regained its momentum after a surprisingly weak August reading that came in at +235K (versus expectations closer to +650K).
- Market Update Today: US Earnings and BitcoinS&P 500 Slips as Bulls Keep Powder Dry Ahead of Earnings, Inflation Dow Jones P – 34,496.06 A – 34378.34 -11.72 (-0.34%) S&P 500 4361.86 A – 4350.64 – 10.55 (-0.24%) NASDAQ P – 14486.2 A – 14465..90 – 20.30 (-0.14 Apple, meanwhile, said it plans to launch an event on Oct. 18, during which […]
- Market Update Today: Forex Pairs, Gold and OilDollar hits one-year high as U.S. yields rise, inflation data on tap EUR/USD – Euro US Dollarp 1.1527a 1.1535 +0.0008 +0.07%GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollarp 1.3585a 1.3584 -0.0001 -0.01%USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yenp 113.6a 113.56 -0.04 -0.04% The dollar hit a one-year high on Tuesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will announce […]
- Market Week Ahead: CPI Release, Crude Oil, and moreLooking ahead into the coming week, the series of economic sentiment and CPI releases, along with employment change and OPEC-JMMC meetings, could generate plenty of headlines to keep the markets on the move. The chatter surrounding the US stimulus package and geopolitical tensions will also be closely followed, as they could play a key role […]
- Market Update Today: US Dollar, Bitcoin, Oil Price, and moreDollar edges higher with Friday’s payrolls data in focus EUR/USD – Euro US DollarP: 1.1596A : 1.1600 +0.0004 +0.03% GBP/USD – British Pound US DollarP: 1.3629A: 1.3628 -0.0001 -0.01% USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese YenP: 111.45A: 111.50 +0.05 +0.04% Traders remained circumspect ahead of key payrolls report at the end of the week that could […]
- S&P 500 Jumps as Investors Swoop In on Tech After RoutThe S&P 500 rebounded Tuesday as investors took advantage of Monday’s selloff to load up on tech stocks. The S&P 500 gained 1%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.9% or 311 points, the Nasdaq was up 1.3%. Facebook climbed 2%, paring some of its 5% loss from Monday, after resuming service following a six-hour […]