Global market sentiment ended on a fairly mixed note this past week. Taking a look at Wall Street, the tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 climbed about 2.3%, outperforming the cyclically-sensitive Dow Jones, which sank roughly 1.3%.
The S&P 500 was caught in the middle, rising 0.42%. In Europe, the FTSE 100 declined 1.69% as the DAX 40 gained 0.41%. In the Asia-Pacific region, Japan’s Nikkei 225 gained 0.46% as Australia’s ASX 200 fell 0.62%.
Monday, November 22:
- Zoom Video Communications (ZM), Agilent (A), Keysight (KEYS), and Zhihu (ZH) report earnings.
- U.S. Existing Home Sales (October)
- EA Consumer Confidence Flash Index (November)
Tuesday, November 23:
- Analog Devices (ADI), Medtronic (MDT), Autodesk (ADSK), Dell Technologies (DELL), XPeng (XPEV), HP (HPQ), Best Buy (BBY), Dollar Tree (DLTR), J.M. Smucker (SJM), Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS), and Gap (GPS) report earnings.
- U.S. Markit Manufacturing and Services Flash PMI (November)
- EA Markit Manufacturing and Services PMI (November)
Wednesday, November 24:
- Deere & Company (DE) and Futu Holdings (FUTU) report earnings.
- U.S. Durable Goods Orders (October)
- U.S. Wholesale Inventories, Advance (October)
- U.S. GDP Growth, Second Estimate (Q3)
- U.S. New Home Sales (October)
- U.S. Personal spending and income (October)
- U.S. PCE Price Index (October)
- Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index, Final (November)
- FOMC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, November 25:
- U.S. Markets closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Friday, November 26:
- U.S. Markets close early.
- Black Friday in the U.S.
- Kanzhun (BZ) reports earnings.
- EA Loans to Companies and Households (October)
The United States is heading for the Thanksgiving holiday, where stock and bond markets will be closed on the 25th. This will create illiquid trading conditions, opening the door to volatility given sudden news or economic data releases.
- Market Week Ahead: Omicron Concerns, Inflation Data, CryptoDevelopments around the Omicron coronavirus variant will continue to be the main driver of market sentiment in the week ahead and this news flow, together with a hawkish turn by the Federal Reserve, means Friday’s inflation data will be in the spotlight. Inflation Data The highlight of the economic calendar will be Friday’s November consumer […]
- Market Week Ahead: Powell Speech, ADP, NFP, Unemployment ReportAfter an abbreviated session on Friday, the markets will reopen for a full week of business, featuring a slew of earnings and key economic data, including the Beige Book, ADP employment, and the jobs report. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will speak on Monday and Tuesday. Markets will closely monitor whether the head of the Fed speaks […]
- Experienced good to moderate returnsOpened a demo account at first, but it took awhile for me to turn it into a live account. Experienced good to moderate returns with the help of their brokers.
- Unique trading toolsThey have a good offer of unique trading tools and platforms that can accommodate trading investors. However iBex Markets lacks the trading tools and features to compete with industry leaders who offer better deals and leverages.
- Very accommodatingTheir tech support and customer service was very accommodating. They easily guided me on how I can setup my account when I first started.