June 07, 2021 – Last week, US Non-Farm Payroll data was weaker than expected at +559,000 vs an expectation of +650,000. This week, we take a look at Central Banks and the possibility of inflation.
Bank of Canada (BOC)
At its last meeting on April 21st, the Bank of Canada cut bond purchases from C$4 billion per week to C$3 billion per week.
The Markit Manufacturing PMI and the Ivey PMI (both for May) were strong. But the Canadian Dollar is strong as well, as Crude Oil approaches $70.
European Central Bank (ECB)
The ECB also meets this week at their June interest rate decision meeting. However, expectations are quite different from those of the BOC.
European manufacturing and services data were strong in May, while inflation has been moderate. The ECB has no intention of tapering.
Inflation data from China and the US will be highlights for this week. China’s CPI and PPI will be noted but will be a sideshow to the US CPI.
- Market Week Ahead: US GDP, Crude Oil and moreChina’s Evergrande remains a threat to global markets. Analysts warn of market weakness ahead of the historically most volatile month of the year Here’s what you need to know this week: Monday 7:45: Eurozone – ECB President Lagarde Speaks 8:30: US – Core Durable […]
- Market Update Today: US Dollar, Crude Oil, and GoldDollar choppy after Fed statement, Evergrande exhale lifts risk-sensitive currencies EUR / USDP: 1.1686A: 1.1694 +0.0008 +0.06% GBP/USD – British Pound US DollarP: 1.3625A: 1.3621 -0.0003 -0.03% USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese YenP: 109.78A: 109.79 0.01 0.00% The Federal Reserve on Wednesday […]
- S&P 500 Rallies, Avoids Tantrum Even as Fed Tees Up November TaperThe S&P 500 rallied Wednesday, shrugging off the Federal Reserve’s signal that tapering of its bond purchases could get underway as soon as November. The S&P 500 rose 1%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 1.1%, or 338 points, the Nasdaq climbed […]
- BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO CAPITAL GAINSHere’s everything you need to know about capital gains, how it works, ways to reduce capital gains tax, and more. CAPITAL GAIN: HOW DOES CAPITAL GAIN TAX WORK? The term capital gain is a profit earned from selling an asset/investment. A tax […]
- Good returnOpened an account just this August and a month from now I can say I’m receiving a good return from the trades I made. From a demo account to a live account, it was a good choice.