S&P 500 Slips as Bulls Keep Powder Dry Ahead of Earnings, Inflation
P – 34,496.06 A – 34378.34 -11.72 (-0.34%)
4361.86 A – 4350.64 – 10.55 (-0.24%)
P – 14486.2 A – 14465..90 – 20.30 (-0.14
Apple, meanwhile, said it plans to launch an event on Oct. 18, during which the company could unveil new MacBook laptops and AirPods headphones.
Bitcoin could hit $70,000 in December, based on this valuation model, some analysts say
P= 56,930 A = 56,312.0 -361.3 -0.64%
Payment processing company Stripe is building a crypto team. “I’m hiring engineers and designers to build the future of Web3 payments,” Guillaume Poncin, the company’s head of engineering for crypto wrote in a tweet.
Some analysts attributed the downturn of bitcoin to the contagion of the smaller cryptocurrencies. “The wider Alt (altcoin, or alternatives to bitcoin) market suffered losses, and eventually weighed on Bitcoin sentiment,” Matt Blom, global head of sales and trading at crypto exchange Eqonex, wrote in his Tuesday notes.
From a technical perspective, bitcoin could embrace a two-week consolidation phase, as a new short-term countertrend signal appeared on Sunday, Katie Stockton, founder and managing partner of research firm Fairlead Strategies wrote in Monday notes.
However, after the consolidation, bitcoin could test a record high in the coming weeks, as the cryptocurrency maintains positive intermediate-term momentum, Stockton noted.
There has been a recent increase in transaction volume of bitcoin, mostly the transactions with sizes larger than $10 million, Aguilar noted, citing data from Glassnode.
“Most analysts predict an all-time high in November, with a rally possibly continuing into January, February,” Rosh Singh, chief executive officer at crypto trading platform Quadency said.
- Market Update Today: US Earnings and BitcoinS&P 500 Slips as Bulls Keep Powder Dry Ahead of Earnings, Inflation Dow Jones P – 34,496.06 A – 34378.34 -11.72 (-0.34%) S&P 500 4361.86 A – 4350.64 – 10.55 (-0.24%) NASDAQ P – 14486.2 A – 14465..90 – 20.30 (-0.14 Apple, meanwhile, said it plans to launch an event on Oct. 18, during which […]
- Market Update Today: Forex Pairs, Gold and OilDollar hits one-year high as U.S. yields rise, inflation data on tap EUR/USD – Euro US Dollarp 1.1527a 1.1535 +0.0008 +0.07%GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollarp 1.3585a 1.3584 -0.0001 -0.01%USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yenp 113.6a 113.56 -0.04 -0.04% The dollar hit a one-year high on Tuesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will announce […]
- Market Week Ahead: CPI Release, Crude Oil, and moreLooking ahead into the coming week, the series of economic sentiment and CPI releases, along with employment change and OPEC-JMMC meetings, could generate plenty of headlines to keep the markets on the move. The chatter surrounding the US stimulus package and geopolitical tensions will also be closely followed, as they could play a key role […]
- Market Update Today: US Dollar, Bitcoin, Oil Price, and moreDollar edges higher with Friday’s payrolls data in focus EUR/USD – Euro US DollarP: 1.1596A : 1.1600 +0.0004 +0.03% GBP/USD – British Pound US DollarP: 1.3629A: 1.3628 -0.0001 -0.01% USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese YenP: 111.45A: 111.50 +0.05 +0.04% Traders remained circumspect ahead of key payrolls report at the end of the week that could […]
- S&P 500 Jumps as Investors Swoop In on Tech After RoutThe S&P 500 rebounded Tuesday as investors took advantage of Monday’s selloff to load up on tech stocks. The S&P 500 gained 1%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.9% or 311 points, the Nasdaq was up 1.3%. Facebook climbed 2%, paring some of its 5% loss from Monday, after resuming service following a six-hour […]