Dollar Down Over Weaker-Than-Expected U.S. Data
EUR/USD – Euro US Dollar
a 1.1644 +0.0012 +0.10%
GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollar
a 1.3808 +0.0013 +0.09%
USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yen
a 114.48 +0.12 +0.10%
The dollar was undercut by a drop in U.S. bond yields, which have turned down after failing to breach their June high during last week’s inflation scare.
The dollar also dipped after data showed that U.S. homebuilding unexpectedly fell in September and permits dropped to a one-year low amid acute shortages of raw materials and labor, supporting expectations that economic growth slowed sharply in the third quarter.
Gold Up Thanks to Declining Dollar, U.S. Bond Yields
A: 1768.48 + 1.65 + 0.02
U.S. factory data released on Monday showed that industrial production contracted 1.3% month-on-month and grew a smaller-than-expected 4.6% year-on-year, in September. An ongoing global semiconductor shortage contributed to a decrease in motor vehicle output, further proof that supply constraints are hampering economic recovery from COVID-19.
Oil Remains Near Multi-Year Highs as Energy Crunch Persists
Brent, WTI up around 20% since the beginning of September
Official U.S. inventory data out Wednesday. API shows crude stocks up, fuel stocks down -sources
- Market Week Ahead: Omicron Concerns, Inflation Data, CryptoDevelopments around the Omicron coronavirus variant will continue to be the main driver of market sentiment in the week ahead and this news flow, together with a hawkish turn by the Federal Reserve, means Friday’s inflation data will be in the spotlight. Inflation Data The highlight of the economic calendar will be Friday’s November consumer […]
- Market Week Ahead: Powell Speech, ADP, NFP, Unemployment ReportAfter an abbreviated session on Friday, the markets will reopen for a full week of business, featuring a slew of earnings and key economic data, including the Beige Book, ADP employment, and the jobs report. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will speak on Monday and Tuesday. Markets will closely monitor whether the head of the Fed speaks […]
- Experienced good to moderate returnsOpened a demo account at first, but it took awhile for me to turn it into a live account. Experienced good to moderate returns with the help of their brokers.
- Unique trading toolsThey have a good offer of unique trading tools and platforms that can accommodate trading investors. However iBex Markets lacks the trading tools and features to compete with industry leaders who offer better deals and leverages.
- Very accommodatingTheir tech support and customer service was very accommodating. They easily guided me on how I can setup my account when I first started.