Dollar edges higher with Friday’s payrolls data in focus
EUR/USD – Euro US Dollar
A : 1.1600 +0.0004 +0.03%
GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollar
A: 1.3628 -0.0001 -0.01%
USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yen
A: 111.50 +0.05 +0.04%
Traders remained circumspect ahead of key payrolls report at the end of the week that could provide clues to the U.S. Federal Reserve’s next move.
Property developer Hopson Development Holding Co is reportedly to acquire about 51 percent of the indebted Evergrande group’s property management unit, and the deal could be valued at more than 40 billion HKD ($5.14 billion), according to media reports.
Oil hits Multi- highs as OPEC+ sticks to output
Oil prices have climbed more than 50% in 2021
Demand has bounced back, supply struggled to keep up
OPEC+ wary of any new coronavirus surge, source says.
Bitcoin Soars to $50,000 Again on Institutional Demand
P = 48,918.4 A = 51,482.9 +2552.3 +5.22%
Bitcoin, the world’s largest cryptocurrency in terms of market value, rose on Tuesday, passing the $50,000 mark for the first time in four weeks and adding to gains this month on mounting institutional interest.
Market participants cited the increase in institutional crypto services from banks and financial institutions to cope with rising investor demand, as one factor driving bitcoin’s surge.
In early September, bitcoin fell below $50,000 during a broad selloff in shares of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related firms. It fell further in September, hitting a low of $40,596 on Sept. 21.
Gold down as Dollar strengthens, but continuous inflation concerns cap losses
P: 1762.54 – 2.31
A: 1760.28 – .05%
NFP forecast: 470k
Continuing inflation concerns saw the yellow metal trade close to a more than one-week peak hit during the previous session.
Investors waiting for NFP report this Friday.
- Market Update Today: US Earnings and BitcoinS&P 500 Slips as Bulls Keep Powder Dry Ahead of Earnings, Inflation Dow Jones P – 34,496.06 A – 34378.34 -11.72 (-0.34%) S&P 500 4361.86 A – 4350.64 – 10.55 (-0.24%) NASDAQ P – 14486.2 A – 14465..90 – 20.30 (-0.14 Apple, meanwhile, said it plans to launch an event on Oct. 18, during which […]
- Market Update Today: Forex Pairs, Gold and OilDollar hits one-year high as U.S. yields rise, inflation data on tap EUR/USD – Euro US Dollarp 1.1527a 1.1535 +0.0008 +0.07%GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollarp 1.3585a 1.3584 -0.0001 -0.01%USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yenp 113.6a 113.56 -0.04 -0.04% The dollar hit a one-year high on Tuesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will announce […]
- Market Week Ahead: CPI Release, Crude Oil, and moreLooking ahead into the coming week, the series of economic sentiment and CPI releases, along with employment change and OPEC-JMMC meetings, could generate plenty of headlines to keep the markets on the move. The chatter surrounding the US stimulus package and geopolitical tensions will also be closely followed, as they could play a key role […]
- Market Update Today: US Dollar, Bitcoin, Oil Price, and moreDollar edges higher with Friday’s payrolls data in focus EUR/USD – Euro US DollarP: 1.1596A : 1.1600 +0.0004 +0.03% GBP/USD – British Pound US DollarP: 1.3629A: 1.3628 -0.0001 -0.01% USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese YenP: 111.45A: 111.50 +0.05 +0.04% Traders remained circumspect ahead of key payrolls report at the end of the week that could […]
- S&P 500 Jumps as Investors Swoop In on Tech After RoutThe S&P 500 rebounded Tuesday as investors took advantage of Monday’s selloff to load up on tech stocks. The S&P 500 gained 1%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.9% or 311 points, the Nasdaq was up 1.3%. Facebook climbed 2%, paring some of its 5% loss from Monday, after resuming service following a six-hour […]