Dollar hits one-year high as U.S. yields rise, inflation data on tap
EUR/USD – Euro US Dollar
a 1.1535 +0.0008 +0.07%
GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollar
a 1.3584 -0.0001 -0.01%
USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yen
a 113.56 -0.04 -0.04%
The dollar hit a one-year high on Tuesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will announce a tapering of its massive bond-buying program next month, and as concerns over soaring energy prices also sent investors to the safe-haven greenback.
Investors will watch U.S. Consumer Price Index data on Wednesday and retail sales data on Friday for further clues as to when the Fed might begin winding down stimulus.
September 2021 CPI data are scheduled to be released on October 13, 2021, at 8:30 A.M. Eastern Time.
GBP/USD The pound is unlikely to be rescued by the increasing odds of a Bank of England rate hike as the currency may struggle to escape the clutches of stagflation just as the impact of Brexit begins to emerge
JPY/USD The spike in U.S. yields prompted investors to dump the Japanese yen versus the dollar, resulting in the second-biggest daily fall in the Japanese currency on Monday.
If the price continues climbing, the next critical level for the pair is 114.03.
Oil steadies as energy crunch stirs up volatility, recovery concerns
IMF lowers global growth outlook
China rust-belt province warns of shortages in energy crisis
Gold Up, Steadies as Fed Taper Expectations Widen
A: 1761.34 + 0.72 + 0.005%
Surging energy prices and wide expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will soon begin asset tapering contributed to the dollar’s rally.
IMF said that the global economy is losing momentum.
Democratic controlled US House of Representatives gave final approval on Tuesday, temporarily raising gov’t borrowing limit to $28 Trillion.
- Market Update Today: US Earnings and BitcoinS&P 500 Slips as Bulls Keep Powder Dry Ahead of Earnings, Inflation Dow Jones P – 34,496.06 A – 34378.34 -11.72 (-0.34%) S&P 500 4361.86 A – 4350.64 – 10.55 (-0.24%) NASDAQ P – 14486.2 A – 14465..90 – 20.30 (-0.14 Apple, meanwhile, said it plans to launch an event on Oct. 18, during which […]
- Market Update Today: Forex Pairs, Gold and OilDollar hits one-year high as U.S. yields rise, inflation data on tap EUR/USD – Euro US Dollarp 1.1527a 1.1535 +0.0008 +0.07%GBP/USD – British Pound US Dollarp 1.3585a 1.3584 -0.0001 -0.01%USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese Yenp 113.6a 113.56 -0.04 -0.04% The dollar hit a one-year high on Tuesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will announce […]
- Market Week Ahead: CPI Release, Crude Oil, and moreLooking ahead into the coming week, the series of economic sentiment and CPI releases, along with employment change and OPEC-JMMC meetings, could generate plenty of headlines to keep the markets on the move. The chatter surrounding the US stimulus package and geopolitical tensions will also be closely followed, as they could play a key role […]
- Market Update Today: US Dollar, Bitcoin, Oil Price, and moreDollar edges higher with Friday’s payrolls data in focus EUR/USD – Euro US DollarP: 1.1596A : 1.1600 +0.0004 +0.03% GBP/USD – British Pound US DollarP: 1.3629A: 1.3628 -0.0001 -0.01% USD/JPY – US Dollar Japanese YenP: 111.45A: 111.50 +0.05 +0.04% Traders remained circumspect ahead of key payrolls report at the end of the week that could […]
- S&P 500 Jumps as Investors Swoop In on Tech After RoutThe S&P 500 rebounded Tuesday as investors took advantage of Monday’s selloff to load up on tech stocks. The S&P 500 gained 1%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.9% or 311 points, the Nasdaq was up 1.3%. Facebook climbed 2%, paring some of its 5% loss from Monday, after resuming service following a six-hour […]