Ahead of the week, the series of CPI and Unemployment Claims, along with the minutes of the Monetary Policy Meeting and the BOC Press Conference could drive plenty of headlines to keep the markets on the move.
The broad-based US dollar has managed to hang onto its previous bullish bias, and it should end this week on a bullish track, as market investors prefer the safe-haven assets when a risk-off market sentiment prevails.
Market Events to Watch This Week
Consumer Price Index (MoM) – Tuesday – 13:30 GMT
Consumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)
Bank of Canada Monetary Policy Report – Wednesday – 15:00 GMT
BoC Press Conference – Wednesday – 16:00 GMT
Aussie Employment Change – Thursday – 0:30 GMT
US Unemployment Claims – Thursday – 13:30 GMT
BOJ Monetary Policy Statement – Tuesday – Tentative
- Oil Dips on Delta Concerns; Bitcoin OptimismOil dips amidst Delta concerns ahead of the U.S. Inventory data release. Bitcoin may reach new all-time highs. Oil Dips on Delta Concerns Ahead of U.S. Inventory Data Release WTIP:71.91A:71.97 BRENTP:73.71A:73.80 Renewed social restrictions in some countries are also posing a threat to fuel consumption and demand for oil. Bitcoin To Reach New All-Time Highs, […]
- Stock Futures Update: S&P500, Nasdaq and Dow JonesStock futures are lower after major averages snap five-day winning streakU.S. stock index futures fell during overnight trading on Tuesday after the major averages pulled back from record highs, snapping a five-day winning streak. Futures contracts tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average slid 55 points, or 0.16%. S&P 500 futures were down 0.14%, while […]
- Market Recap: WallStreet, US Dollar, Crude Oil, and GoldHere’s a market recap on what’s been happening around the world financial market. US dollar, Dow Jones, S&P500, Crude Oil, and more. On Wall Street, the Dow Jones, S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite fell about 0.6%, 1% and 1.9% respectively. This is as the FTSE 100 and DAX 30 weakened 1.6% and 0.9% respectively. In Japan, the Nikkei 225 managed to hold a 0.2% gain. The […]
- Bitcoin Price Surge; While Oil SlumpsBitcoin Price to surge to $157,000 after pullback ends, says on-chain Analyst Willy Woo. Oil slumps as market ignore U.S. draw to focus on UAE ‘No-Deal’ P: 32,575A: 32,983.0 +408.0 +1.25% This is a bull market. There’s no mistaking this. We’ve got X-ray vision of what the investors are doing, and it’s bullish whilst the […]
- Stocks Rebound, Yields Fall as Fed’s Powell Soothes MarketGlobal stocks prices closed flat and bond yields edged lower on Wednesday after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell soothed investor angst by saying a recent inflation spike will fade, helping lift the S&P 500 to a fresh intraday record. Powell said in congressional testimony that high inflation was for goods and services tied to […]