On Wall Street, the Dow Jones, S&P 500 and tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite rose 3.44%, 2.74% and 2.35% respectively. Things were also looking rosy in Europe and the Asia Pacific region, where the DAX 30 and CSI 300 climbed 1.04% and 2.69% respectively.
Fed Chair Jerome Powell helped cool policy tapering woes, sending the US Dollar back lower after a healthy performance earlier in the month. WTI crude oil and gold prices gained 3.27% and 0.94% respectively.
A key focus this week will likely be on the non-farm payrolls report.
The nation is expected to add almost 700k jobs. Average hourly earnings are also expected to increase 3.6% y/y in June from 2.0% prior. A strong outcome in the latter could further bring forward Fed tapering bets.
Crude oil prices will be eyeing an OPEC+ ministerial meeting, where officials will be discussing output production.
The commodity is sitting around the highest price since October 2018 amid surging demand as the global economy gradually opens up and recovers.
- Market Week Ahead: Omicron Concerns, Inflation Data, CryptoDevelopments around the Omicron coronavirus variant will continue to be the main driver of market sentiment in the week ahead and this news flow, together with a hawkish turn by the Federal Reserve, means Friday’s inflation data will be in the spotlight. Inflation Data The highlight of the economic calendar will be Friday’s November consumer […]
- Market Week Ahead: Powell Speech, ADP, NFP, Unemployment ReportAfter an abbreviated session on Friday, the markets will reopen for a full week of business, featuring a slew of earnings and key economic data, including the Beige Book, ADP employment, and the jobs report. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will speak on Monday and Tuesday. Markets will closely monitor whether the head of the Fed speaks […]
- Experienced good to moderate returnsOpened a demo account at first, but it took awhile for me to turn it into a live account. Experienced good to moderate returns with the help of their brokers.
- Unique trading toolsThey have a good offer of unique trading tools and platforms that can accommodate trading investors. However iBex Markets lacks the trading tools and features to compete with industry leaders who offer better deals and leverages.
- Very accommodatingTheir tech support and customer service was very accommodating. They easily guided me on how I can setup my account when I first started.