Crude Oil Ends up After U.S. Infrastructure Deal; Eyes Next on OPEC. S&P 500, Nasdaq Boast Record Close as Biden Unveils Infrastructure Deal
A: 75.58 -0.04 -0.05%
A: 73.28 -0.05 -0.07%
President Biden administration announced contentious infrastructure deal.
OPEC+ considering increasing supply, as the global economy recovers from the ravages caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
S&P 500, Nasdaq Boast Record Close as Biden Unveils Infrastructure Deal
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq closed at record highs riding a wave of economic optimism as President Joe Biden announced a nearly $600 billion infrastructure pact, the fate of which depends on the success of a much larger package that has drawn strong opposition from Republicans.
The S&P 500 rose 0.6% to record intraday high of 4,266.50 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 1%, or 322 points, while the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% having hit an all-time high of 14,369.71 intraday.
The deal didn’t include the more ambitious initiatives including spending to expand child care and education and was much lower than the $2.3 trillion packages touted by Biden earlier this year. The infrastructure bill will only be passed alongside a much larger package — expected to be funded by tax hikes — that would focus spending on “human infrastructure,” according to Biden.
The upgrade to critical infrastructure is widely expected to boost productivity and ultimately economic growth.
- Oil Dips on Delta Concerns; Bitcoin OptimismOil dips amidst Delta concerns ahead of the U.S. Inventory data release. Bitcoin may reach new all-time highs. Oil Dips on Delta Concerns Ahead of U.S. Inventory Data Release WTIP:71.91A:71.97 BRENTP:73.71A:73.80 Renewed social restrictions in some countries are also posing a threat to fuel consumption and demand for oil. Bitcoin To Reach New All-Time Highs, […]
- Stock Futures Update: S&P500, Nasdaq and Dow JonesStock futures are lower after major averages snap five-day winning streakU.S. stock index futures fell during overnight trading on Tuesday after the major averages pulled back from record highs, snapping a five-day winning streak. Futures contracts tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average slid 55 points, or 0.16%. S&P 500 futures were down 0.14%, while […]
- Market Recap: WallStreet, US Dollar, Crude Oil, and GoldHere’s a market recap on what’s been happening around the world financial market. US dollar, Dow Jones, S&P500, Crude Oil, and more. On Wall Street, the Dow Jones, S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite fell about 0.6%, 1% and 1.9% respectively. This is as the FTSE 100 and DAX 30 weakened 1.6% and 0.9% respectively. In Japan, the Nikkei 225 managed to hold a 0.2% gain. The […]
- Bitcoin Price Surge; While Oil SlumpsBitcoin Price to surge to $157,000 after pullback ends, says on-chain Analyst Willy Woo. Oil slumps as market ignore U.S. draw to focus on UAE ‘No-Deal’ P: 32,575A: 32,983.0 +408.0 +1.25% This is a bull market. There’s no mistaking this. We’ve got X-ray vision of what the investors are doing, and it’s bullish whilst the […]
- Stocks Rebound, Yields Fall as Fed’s Powell Soothes MarketGlobal stocks prices closed flat and bond yields edged lower on Wednesday after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell soothed investor angst by saying a recent inflation spike will fade, helping lift the S&P 500 to a fresh intraday record. Powell said in congressional testimony that high inflation was for goods and services tied to […]