Crude Oil Ends up After U.S. Infrastructure Deal; Eyes Next on OPEC. S&P 500, Nasdaq Boast Record Close as Biden Unveils Infrastructure Deal
A: 75.58 -0.04 -0.05%
A: 73.28 -0.05 -0.07%
President Biden administration announced contentious infrastructure deal.
OPEC+ considering increasing supply, as the global economy recovers from the ravages caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
S&P 500, Nasdaq Boast Record Close as Biden Unveils Infrastructure Deal
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq closed at record highs riding a wave of economic optimism as President Joe Biden announced a nearly $600 billion infrastructure pact, the fate of which depends on the success of a much larger package that has drawn strong opposition from Republicans.
The S&P 500 rose 0.6% to record intraday high of 4,266.50 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 1%, or 322 points, while the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% having hit an all-time high of 14,369.71 intraday.
The deal didn’t include the more ambitious initiatives including spending to expand child care and education and was much lower than the $2.3 trillion packages touted by Biden earlier this year. The infrastructure bill will only be passed alongside a much larger package — expected to be funded by tax hikes — that would focus spending on “human infrastructure,” according to Biden.
The upgrade to critical infrastructure is widely expected to boost productivity and ultimately economic growth.
- Market Week Ahead: Omicron Concerns, Inflation Data, CryptoDevelopments around the Omicron coronavirus variant will continue to be the main driver of market sentiment in the week ahead and this news flow, together with a hawkish turn by the Federal Reserve, means Friday’s inflation data will be in the spotlight. Inflation Data The highlight of the economic calendar will be Friday’s November consumer […]
- Market Week Ahead: Powell Speech, ADP, NFP, Unemployment ReportAfter an abbreviated session on Friday, the markets will reopen for a full week of business, featuring a slew of earnings and key economic data, including the Beige Book, ADP employment, and the jobs report. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will speak on Monday and Tuesday. Markets will closely monitor whether the head of the Fed speaks […]
- Experienced good to moderate returnsOpened a demo account at first, but it took awhile for me to turn it into a live account. Experienced good to moderate returns with the help of their brokers.
- Unique trading toolsThey have a good offer of unique trading tools and platforms that can accommodate trading investors. However iBex Markets lacks the trading tools and features to compete with industry leaders who offer better deals and leverages.
- Very accommodatingTheir tech support and customer service was very accommodating. They easily guided me on how I can setup my account when I first started.